EL049R / CS049R Old Man Emu Rear Leaf Spring Medium Load 20mm Lift Ford Ranger PX (2011 Onwards)
Supplied by ACHSV 4×4, Silverstone. Fitting available at an extra cost.
The EL049R / CS049R Old Man Emu Rear Leaf Spring Medium Load 20mm Lift for the Ford Ranger PX (2011 Onwards) is part of ARB’s integrated 4×4 suspension systems, engineered to provide optimum ride performance irrespective of the operating conditions the vehicle’s suspension is required to work under.
Numerous spring options are available to suit a multitude of applications, allowing you to set your vehicle up for recreational or commercial purposes. Feature packed, a set of Emu Dakar leaf springs matched to a set of Old Man Emu 4×4 shock absorbers will deliver vastly improved ride, handling and load carrying capability.
- Draw tapered and diamond cut leaves:Ensure the load is progressively distributed over a larger surface area, reducing the high stresses that develop at leaf ends. This provides increased ride quality and protection against leaf breakage, significantly increasing the spring life.
- Bolt clamps and liners:The leaf clamps are bolted to allow installation of anti squeak nylon liners.
- Fully scragged and load tested: Scragging ensures the spring takes a permanent set which reduces the risk of sagging. Load testing ensures the spring meets the required specification.
- Military wrap: Designed to provide added safety.
- Anti friction pads: Regreasable nylon interleaf liners reduce friction at the leaf tips where the load is the greatest.
- Flat axle seat area: Allows a positive, safe axle mount reducing spring stress and increasing spring life.
- Shot peening: The tension side of all leaves is shot peened to reduce spring stress. This process can double the life of a spring.
- Two-stage leaf pack: Featured on most rear springs for optimum comfort. When unladen the vehicle is largely riding on the primary stage, with the secondary stage providing additional support when a heavy load is added.