SS500HF Safari Snorkel Land Rover Defender 90/110/130 200 Series 2.5L Turbo Diesel
Supplied by ACHSV 4×4, Silverstone. Fitting available at an extra cost.
The SS500HF Safari Snorkel for your Land Rover Defender 90/110/130 200 Series 2.5L Turbo Diesel relocates your engine’s air intake point from the relatively low and vulnerable position under the hood to a much higher and safer location where a constant source of cool, clean, dry air is available. Manufactured from premium quality polyethylene, safari snorkels are incredibly resilient and UV stable. Install one before your next trip and breathe easier knowing that your engine is protected by a safari snorkel.
- UV stable crosslinked polyethylene body for the ultimate in strength.
- High flow air ducting and body ensures air supply in excess of engine requirements.
- Each component is designed for maximum dust and water sealing stainless steel and plated hardware for corrosion resistance.
- Fully compatible with optional 7″ or 10″ precleaners (some models).
- Unique evacuation system effectively disperses rain and unwanted moisture.
The Safari SS550HF snorkel is tough and stylish and has been designed to deliver a huge volume of the coolest and cleanest air possible into the stock air cleaner assembly of the 300 Series Defender Land Rover.
Right from the start, Safari took the decision to develop a snorkel system that exceeded the huge mass air flow requirements of the gutsy 2.5L Turbo Diesel engine – and through thorough engineering and exhaustive testing of the SS550HF snorkel system, those lofty design targets were achieved.
The Safari Snorkel body, air ram and inner duct are manufactured to the highest standards in durable, UV stable, cross linked polyethylene material. In addition, the substantial material wall thickness delivers huge physical strength to ensure that the snorkel breezes through the toughest off-road conditions on the planet.
The Safari Snorkel system is supplied as a complete and comprehensive system that includes every nut, bolt and bracket required for installation – right from robust zero-corrosion stainless steel studs, stainless steel self-locking nyloc nuts and large diameter stainless steel body washers through to the tough plastic A-pillar inserts.
- Compatible with Land Rover Defender 200 Series Jan 90 – Dec 94 2.5L Diesel Engines.